Thursday, January 9, 2014

Melted - Candles From The Keeping Room / Caramel Latte

Caramel Latte -'A blend of coffee, caramel..and sweet cream.'

Loved this one!  There was a lot of sweet, creamy caramel first and foremost, with a non-bitter coffee note following closely behind.  I found this to be a sweeter type caramel, not the sort of salty kind you get sometimes.  This was probably because of the sweet cream in the scent.  Really, really yummy.

Because my success with Candles From The Keeping Room tarts has been inconsistent, some bloggy friends convinced me to give my Glade hot plate warmer another try.  I melted this entire 1 oz. tart in the electric warmer and was impressed with the results but I'm not admitting yet that the warmer makes all the difference.  (I'm stubborn, indeed.)  There was a delicious caramel scent almost immediately after this started to melt, the coffee note coming a little later.  Scent was medium strong in the fairly large, open type room that I have the warmer in.

If I decide to use the electric warmer more often, I will probably order from CFTKR more often, and this would definitely be one that I order again.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious, Deb. I have had some great results with CFTKR and some not-so-great. Maybe I should try different melters. Do you know the wattage of the electric melter you used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my warmer is 20 watts. It's the Glade warmer that people went nuts about when it came out because supposedly it's the perfect wattage.....the usual 18w and 24w being too hot and too cold.

      I've always been a tea light diehard and am stubborn in believing warmers can make that much difference, but all my waxy-bloggy friends are electric users and bullied me into trying this Glade warmer again. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. mmm.. this one sounded so good and I was happy to find some in my stash (not yet tried), so I just put one in my warmer :)

    you are right.. the Glade warmers are 20 watt. I prefer to use my 24 watt for CFTKR wax; but the 20 watt does ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked this scent and was so happy to have some good results with CFTKR. I'm now happy to think I might actually order from there again.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I'm so proud of you using that warmer. Now melt some TBG in it already ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still keep shying away from my Bathing Garden stuff. I don't know what it is about them?!

      Now that I've found a place for an electric warmer that I don't have to worry about, I'm finding I kinda like using it. Hubby's been enjoying it too, which makes me giggle. Yep, the past three days that I was at work, he's gone ahead and melted his own scents, and much prefers this warmer over the tea lights.

      My biggest problem is still only having one dish. I'm too impatient to let one tart melt until the scent is gone. With the tea light warmers, I'd just start a new tart/scent when the previous tea light burned itself out (about every four hours). I need that second warmer!!

      ~Deb

      Delete