Sunday, January 19, 2014

Melted - The Melting Fairy / Fairy Land

Fairy Land - 'This scent is a sweet blend of cotton candy, bubblegum, and vanilla with fresh notes of apples, pears and lemon drops!'

I'd suspected this was a dupe of something because the notes in the scent description seemed very familiar.  It appears this is a dupe for Lush's Candy Fluff, but I think it might be popular under another name in dupe versions and I just can't think of what it is.  The only reason I'm even mentioning this is because if you're familiar with that scent, you'll have a better idea what this scent is like. 

Anyhoo . . . this is like you'd expect, a candy type scent, but it's not the really sugary, cavity causing type of candy-sweet.  I kept thinking of Vanilla Bean Noel while this was melting, which is weird, I know.  I think the vanilla and pears, and probably the bubblegum too, really work to add a sort of warmth to an otherwise bright and sweet candy scent.  I liked this.

Unfortunately, it was too light for me.  I melted this 1 oz. tart in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and most of the time couldn't even tell there was anything melting.  If I was close to the warmer I could smell it on a nice light-medium level.  If the air got stirred up, like from the furnace kicking on or someone walking by, I'd get a nice strong whiff of this.  Otherwise though, it was barely there.  Huge bummer because I do like the scent.

4 comments:

  1. I guess they can't all be winners, but the fairy was on a good streak there! My littlest one took these for her room. Hopefully since it is small it will do well for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it does and what you think of it, if you go in there and sniff, hehe. I'm curious.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. OOOOOOH, I am glad you got this scent because it caught my eye. Sad that you couldn't smell this very well, but it sounds like an interesting scent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you pick it for the next box? Maybe it would be strong enough for a bathroom or other smaller room.

      ~Deb

      Delete