Monday, January 20, 2014

Melted - The Melting Fairy / Hansel & Gretel's Cinnamon Buttercream Cookie Crumbles

Hansel & Gretel's Cinnamon Buttercream Cookie Crumbles - 'A blend of gingerbread house, cinnamon buttercream, and our sugar cookie crumbles!'
 
This was the surprise blend in the debut (December) box from The Melting Fairy.  I was so excited about this . . . don't know why it's taken me this long to finally melt it.  Doh!  This is quite a spicy scent, so spice haters should beware.  There is a lot of the cinnamon and gingerbread first and foremost, but there is a sweet buttercream note mixed in there too.  I don't think it's quite as full and rich as regular versions of Hansel & Gretel's House that I've had, probably because of that buttercream note sort of morphing it all into something lighter and sweeter.  Still a nice, warm and spicy scent though.
 
I melted this chunk, about 1 oz. of wax, in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had medium-strong scent with strong throw.  I think any stronger and the spiciness would have been overpowering.  This is one time when lighter was better.

2 comments:

  1. This one sounds so good! I am a spice lover though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked this one. The cinnamon was much stronger in here than in regular Hansel & Gretel's House.

      ~Deb

      Delete