Monday, January 20, 2014

Melted - The Melting Fairy / Mexican Fried Ice Cream

Mexican Fried Ice Cream - 'A rich and buttery ice cream scent with added notes of toasted nuts and cinnamon, blended with sweet marshmallow.'
 
I don't know that I've ever had Mexican Fried Ice Cream, either in real life or in scented wax.  I wasn't sure what to expect but the description sounded interesting.  And it really is a yummy kind of interesting!  On cold sniff it kinda reminded me of Butter Rum Lifesavers, heavy on the rum.  Warmed though, the creaminess of the ice cream really comes through.  Or maybe it was the marshmallow?  Although cinnamon is listed, I'd never guess that there is any in here, so spice haters have nothing to fear.  It might be working with the nuts to add the sort 'rum' part of this scent.  A creamy, warm Butter Rum Lifesaver is how I'd describe this one.
 
Sadly, it failed in performance.  I melted this 1 oz. tart in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had an initial burst of strong, wonderful scent, but it quickly (like within the first hour) faded to a light scent and then was gone within maybe two more hours.  Huge bummer because this scent was so good.

2 comments:

  1. This scent sounds really awesome, what a shame that it fizzled fast! I wonder if the formula from December to January got changed? That little red dot on the packaging is intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're tracking formulas or months or something. Maybe oil suppliers? Because when you fill out the scent feedback surveys on the site, one of the questions asks what color the dot was.

      ~Deb

      Delete