Monday, January 20, 2014

Melted - The Melting Fairy / Mexican Fried Fruity Loops

Mexican Fried Fruity Loops - 'A sweet, rich, and delicious blend of Mexican Fried Ice Cream and Fruity Loops!'

This was the surprise blend in the January box from The Melting Fairy.  On cold sniff, there was a decent amount of the Mexican Fried Ice Cream coming through but once I had this melting, Fruity Loops was pretty much all I got.  Fruity Loops is an ok scent, always amazes me that it really does smell like the cereal, with that sugary sweetness and slightly crunchy cereal background note.  It's just too bad that the Fried Ice Cream part didn't show up for the melting party.  (If you read my previous post though, the review of that particular scent, you'll know that it was a weakling on its own too.)

This was a huge 3 oz. chunk so I cut it into thirds and melted a 1 oz. piece in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer.  There was nice, strong, Fruity Loops scent right off the bat, with just the tiniest hint of Fried Ice Cream in the beginning.  Then it settled into a light-medium version of just Fruity Loops.

As a Fruity Loops scent, this was fine, but as the blend it was supposed to be, it was a sad bummer.

2 comments:

  1. Aw man! I just read your review on the single scent of ice cream and was bummed and now this one. I melt in a glade so I bet it will be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you melt yours yet? I'm curious how yours will be.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete