Thursday, January 9, 2014

Melted - The Melting Fairy / Peppermint Fluff

Peppermint Fluff - 'This scent is a fun and fluffy pepperminty scent with notes of vanilla marshmallows, violet and white florals, and huckleberries.'
 
This was that scent from the December box that I was leery about.  When I ordered it I thought, being peppermint, it would be a nice Christmas-y scent.  When I got it though, I was surprised by how much those other notes really played with what I'd hoped would be a vanilla-mint scent.  Well, I finally melted this today and I'm still undecided and confused.
 
My sons hated this scent.  One described it as smelling like how Dayquil tastes.  I didn't think it was anywhere near that bad but I did have to turn the warmer off after only about an hour, not only because they were about to riot but because it was just such an unusual scent that it was sort of overwhelming me.
 
There were hints of mint but you wouldn't automatically recognize it as a mint scent.  That part of it was sort of a soft background note, or the element of 'coolness' in the overall scent.  There here hints of fruitiness, and hints of floral.  At times it made me think of a nice spring scent, but then it would seem to morph into something more weird, something sort of medicinal like my son complained.  I'm sure there are people out there who would still love this scent.  Since I am not a floral, and it does remind me of florals, that's probably a big part of why I couldn't warm up to it.  And that fact that I find this scent so weird is no fault of The Melting Fairy.  It just happens to be a scent I'm not fond of.  (I did suggest they rename it though, in the scent review survey they have on the site) because it seems very misleading.  Wouldn't you think of a holiday type peppermint scent with a name like Peppermint Fluff?)
 
I melted this 1 oz. tart in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and strong scent and throw.  At first I didn't think there was much scent to this one buy when my son opened his bedroom door upstairs and yelled "What's that horrible smell?" I took better notice and realized that yes, it was indeed filling the house with it's weird scent.  That might also be part of its weirdness, that it's sort of in the background until you notice it and then it's like -WHAM- right there.

I would not order this scent again, but I am really curious what other people would think of it, so I hope someone else tries it and lets me know.

2 comments:

  1. Lol! Your son's reaction to this was my husband's reaction to the 'ol badger. But to be honest I agreed. I can only have my mints without fruit. Fruit and mint combos are not pleasant for me. Looking forward to more reviews!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what to do with the second one I have of this. I know I won't be melting it again! LOL

      I wonder if people would actually enter a 'Scents I Hate!' giveaway?

      ~Deb

      Delete