Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Melted - Sugar & Spice Gourmet Soy Candles / Lollipop Cake

Lollipop Cake - '*Sugar & Spice Exclusive Blend!*'

Another tart that was gifted to me, I was quite excited about this one because it's a vendor I haven't ordered from but have been wanting to.  No real scent description, heh, but I'm guessing it includes cake and candy.  (I'm a genius, I know.)  On cold sniff this was stronger on the candy-sweet note, with just a trace of cake note lurking far in the background.  The candy part reminded me of Lifesavers, and of orange.  It was an ok scent, a little too sweet for me, but not something I hated.

Unfortunately, my first experience with this vendor's product was a dud.  I melted this entire scent shot (about 1.5 oz.) in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had only very light scent.  It seemed like there was an initial burst of medium scent right at the beginning but it quickly faded into almost nothing.  If I really stopped and sniffed, I could tell there was something very light and candy-like in the air, but in general I don't think it was very noticeable.  I do wonder, however, if results would have been different if I'd only melted half of this tart.  I have had great success with lesser amounts of wax several times.

I do have two other Sugar & Spice Gourmet wax products to try out.  One is another scent shot (but in a scent I already know I don't care for) and the other is some pieces of 'brittle.'  I'm not ready to totally dismiss this vendor yet!  I will indeed give them another try!

4 comments:

  1. I just melted this blend not too long ago. I agree, it was just ok. But I don't think I like the lollipop scent. Having read this one and the front porch one, I don't think you will care for the new sugar and spice blends headed your way. :-/ uh oh!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, we never know though, do we?! There have been scents that surprised me in the past. Most important thing is ... I have tarts on the way? *runs out to mailbox to wait*

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Try 1/2 the cup instead of a whole cup.....I think s&s warms better with less....good luck! I have had good success with s&s but it needs a good long cure time and not too much in the warmer at once :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      It's so funny that you commented on this old post when you did because I'm just now melting through a small order from Sugar & Spice and am really quite enjoying them.

      ~Deb

      Delete