Friday, January 10, 2014

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Almond Rum Cake

Almond Rum Cake - 'Yummy cake with chopped almonds, vanilla extract, dark rum, and vanilla.'
 
As this was melting I kept thinking it reminded me of almond extract.  I see now that the description mentions vanilla extract, so I guess if you're familiar with the scent of either of those extracts you'll be able to imagine this scent.  I don't get much of a rum note.  The cake note is there but it's light.  It's mainly the strong almond/vanilla extract that I got from this.  Not that it was bad.  No, I quite enjoyed this one.  Sometimes almond scents can seem almost like cherry scents.  I didn't get that with this, so the vanilla must really be working to warm things in this.
 
I melted this 1 oz. tart in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had nice strong scent and throw.  A couple times it neared the point of being too strong, but overall it was just nice and strong, like I prefer my scents.
 
(I must admit, I'm starting to enjoy this electric warmer.)

6 comments:

  1. Yay! A success in the glade gal! Sounds like a yummy melt. I know what you mean about cherry and almond sometimes smelling alike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually I like either one, but sometimes they can each be kind of overwhelming. This one was really nice though. And I'm getting excited to place another Sweet Fixations order now that I'm surrendering to the forces of electric warmers.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I haven't ordered from sweet fixations yet, suppose I'm still on the fence. But I'm happy to hear your enjoying the glade. I'm able to melt so many vendors in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had some scents from Sweet Fixations that were just too light for me but I'm hoping that by finally giving in and starting to use an electric warmer that maybe I'll have better luck now on the lighter scents.

      Overall though, I think Sweet Fixations is still my current favorite vendor. She has a great scent list, great turn around time, decent prices, and I've just never had any problems other than those occasional light scents. (But that happens with any vendor.) I'd rather stick with her than deal with the drama and hassle of the 'big name' vendors.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. "I must admit, I'm starting to enjoy this electric warmer."

    MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. Soon we will have you on Scentsy warmers and 24 watt hot plates! MWAHAHAHAH!!!

    Love almond rum cake, even if you can't really smell the rum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, because all you people said the 20 watt is THE perfect warmer.....so why would I need to get anything else? =P

      I'm starting to miss my tea light warmers anyway. Since I get mixed results with the 20 watt too, my thoughts keep shifting back to my tea light babies.

      ~Deb

      Delete