Monday, January 6, 2014

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Italian Biscotti

Italian Biscotti - 'Yummy almond cookies with vanilla and dark chocolate.'

I don't know if I've ever had biscotti, and I certainly don't know what the real thing smells like so I can't compare this scent to something real, but this scent was delicious.  From the description, I never would have guessed that this would remind me of the frosted graham cracker scents I love so much.  Obviously it's not exactly like graham crackers but that kept coming to mind while this was melting.  I mainly got a warm, sweet cookie type note from this.  There was another sweetness, which must have been the chocolate but I wouldn't recognize it specifically as chocolate.  I did not notice any distinct almond note.

I didn't feel like messing around with cutting wax so I just melted this entire 1.6 oz. tart in my tea light warmer, and had medium-strong scent in my larger, open area room.

I would definitely buy this one again, maybe split it next time and have two warmers going in different rooms to hopefully get a nice strong scent.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds nice! I found a biscotti tart at the Yankee Candle outlet last year that was just a toasty cookie scent on cold sniff, but melted it had a strong anise/licorice note that wasn't pleasant at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was the cookie note still there with it?

      I don't mind the licorice scent in small doses. A friend of mine LOVES that scent and has even had me order Black Licorice scented tarts for her twice now.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Yummy! I love biscotti! I will keep this one in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Sweet Fixations discount code from the Black Friday sale, so I might have to get more of this when I eventually place another order.

      ~Deb

      Delete