Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Melted - Tiffany Candles / Pomegranate

Pomegranate - 'A blend of peach, apple, and strawberry with a touch of vanilla.'
 
I don't understand this scent description.  Does pomegranate not have its own scent?  Or does pomegranate actually smell like peach, apple, strawberry, and vanilla?  Hehe, I just had to chuckle when I saw that.  Anyway, I have not ordered from Tiffany's in a long long time because I was finding the scents to be too light for my liking.  This one, however, was part of a gift so I went ahead and tried it.  Now that I know what's in the scent description, I'd say this mainly smelled like strawberries sort of warmed up by the vanilla, making it a bit of a creamy scent.  I think traces of the peach poke through but I never noticed any specific apple note.  There was something unappealing in this too though, and I think that might have been the peach.  I'm not a fan of peach scents.  I don't know, something in this just did not sit well with me.

I melted this entire 1 oz. tart in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had insanely strong scent and throw.  This might have been part of the problem too, that it was just overwhelming.  I think this one actually made me sick because while it was melting I was hit with a wave of nausea and dizziness and a headache out of nowhere.  Since I was just getting over a cold I thought maybe it was last traces of that, so I didn't even fight it and went upstairs to take a nap.  When I got up an hour later I felt better but when I came back downstairs and was whammed with this scent still going in the warmer, I felt like crap again within minutes.  I turned the warmer off and sure enough, once the tart cooled and scent subsided, I felt better.  Weird!!

Even without the weird sick feelings, this was not a scent I would get again.

6 comments:

  1. Yikes!!! That stinks. I hope that was the first and last time you have a reaction like that. Sounds like Tiffany just won't fly for ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to retry Tiffany's as a whole though, now that I'm using the evil electric warmer. Might place another CFTKR order too.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. That sounds awful! This might be the wax version of food poisoning ;)

    That's funny about pomegranate having the scent description listed. Just on it's own, I love pomegranate --it adds just a little sour to the sweet.

    I've been meaning to place an order with Tiffany's. It's on my list. I'll probably stay away from the pomegranate though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's bad! I've had headaches from super strong wax before, but never dizziness and nausea :P The scent description is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've had headaches from scents before. This was weird. Maybe it was a combination of the strong scent and the lingering cold I thought I was getting over.

      ~Deb

      Delete