Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Melted - Up The Creek Scents / Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies

Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies - 'Delicious ripe blackberries with a sugary butter cookie background.'
 
I've never ordered from Up The Creek Scents, and really don't know anything about that vendor, but this tart was part of a gift and I was very happy to be able to try it.  This was a really nice, homey scent.  I think the butter cookie part is a little stronger than the fruit, but it's good that way.  The cookie note is there, warm and somehow creamy, like something baking in the oven.  The blackberry jam is sweet but not overly so, and not overly fruity.  I mean, it doesn't scream 'Fruit!  Berries!  Summer scent!' at you, just adds a nice softly dark-fruited sweetness to the warmth of the cookie note.

I forgot to weigh this tart before melting but I'd say it was around 1 oz., and I melted the whole thing in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer.  There was light-medium scent in the general area of the warmer.  At first I was bummed because I'd hoped for stronger and didn't think much was happening, but I realized later that even with the lighter scent it was throwing quite far.  I'd left the house for a bit and when I came back in, I could easily, although lightly, smell this all the way at the back door.  It was exactly like a welcoming 'Something's baking! Come on in!' type greeting, and I really enjoyed it.

6 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying upthecreek. She has a marshmallow ice cream coffee that slapped me in the face good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'slapped me in the face good' LOL Yasmine!

      Delete
  2. Ooohhhh, I like coffee scents and that one sounds yummy!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (This was supposed to be a direct reply to Yasmine's comment. Doh.)

      Delete
  3. Up The Creek has an excellent cake scent, confetti cake AND raw cake batter. MMmmmm, so good.

    Some of her stuff isn't the strongest, but you definitely notice it while it's melting if you breeze through a room or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm into cake scents lately, apparently. Now I'm hungry for confetti cake. Mmmm.

      ~Deb

      Delete