Saturday, January 25, 2014

Melted - Vintage Chic Scents / Lucy & Ethel

Lucy & Ethel - 'You'll love Lucy all over again with this blend of pistachio pudding cake, coconut and marshmallow.'
I received this tart as part of a gift from a waxy friend and I was a bit excited to be able to try this brand new vendor.  I did not look up the scent description at all until just now while writing this post.  Good thing, because had I known it was pistachio I probably would have been like 'Eeuuw,' and not given it a fair chance.  I don't know why, because I've only had one or two pistachio scents, both samples if I remember correctly, and neither did anything for me.  This one though . . . wow.  I don't know if it's the coconut and marshmallow shoving the pistachio to the side?  Is it the strong cake note along with all of it?  I don't know but I freakin' love this scent!  It's sweet and somewhat creamy, but there is a bit of warmth to it too.  An absolutely delicious bakery scent!  This was a winner with the menfolk of the house too.

I melted this 1 oz. rose shaped tart in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had an awesome medium-strong scent.  It was strong enough throughout the house to be intoxicatingly yummy but not so strong that it was ever overwhelming. Sadly though, it faded after only a couple hours.

I will now have to keep my eyes open for this scent.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm!!! I agree, some pistachio scents are kinda harsh to my nose. Glad this was pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved this. I'm glad whoever sent it to me sent it to me. ;-)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I'm kinda bummed I got all scent shots from VCS. The flower tarts are quite charming. This one sounds like something I would like. I've melted a few pistachio scents here and there and enjoyed them. I would never have thought pistachio + coconut, but now I want it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you melted any of your Vintage Chic? Did the scents last or fade like this one?

      ~Deb

      Delete