Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Melted - Candles From The Keeping Room / Sugar Cookie Dough

Sugar Cookie Bread Dough - 'Fresh baked sweet bread with a blend of cinnamon, raisins, brown sugar, nutmeg, topped with sweet buttermilk sauce and mixed in chunks of sugar cookie dough.'
 
I wasn't fond of this scent.  This was one of the the freebies in my recent samplers order, and while the label only says Sugar Cookie Dough, the only thing I could find on the website says Sugar Cookie Bread Dough.  I'm guessing they're the same though.  On cold sniff this seemed like more of a sugar cookie scent.  Warmed though, it's definitely a bread scent, and it fell a little too close to the zucchini bread type scents for my comfort.  There was a salty doughy-ness to this that I just didn't care for.  I didn't hate it, did let it go all evening, but it is not something I would ever order.
 
I melted this 1+ oz. tart in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had medium-strong scent, with decent throw.  When I turned it off after about four hours it still had plenty of scent left in it.
 
This just wasn't for me.

6 comments:

  1. No thank you at raisins. I can't even imagine a raisin fragrance oil. There's no need for that, ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I third this comment! Raisins in wax? WUT!

      Delete
    2. lol - Guess I never thought about the scent of raisins. I'm almost positive Hansel & Gretel's House has raisins in but it's not something I ever thought about trying to specifically pick out of any scent.

      I don't think it was raisins that killed this one for me, hehe.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Too funny. I just got a raisin puddling tart from CFTKR as a sample. I can't smell right now so not sure how it is. Deb, sounds like you need more yummy lemon bakery in your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bunch of lemony scents in my 'good stuff' section of my stash. I should start melting one every now and then or else when I end up with all lemon scents at the end I'm going to hate lemon. LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete