Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Melted - Candles From The Keeping Room / Strawberry Dew

Strawberry Dew- 'A soda with a jolt of summer freshness, this classic lemon/lime fizzy pop that we have taken to a new level and laced in sweet strawberries.'
 
While I was quite curious about this when I first got it in my Coffee & Drinks Sampler, it's turned out to be one of those scents that is just a little to sweet for me.  The fizzy note is not nearly as strong once this is melted as it was in the cold scent, but it's still sort of a heady effervescence that was just a bit too much for me.  I did get a bit of the strawberry note but it wasn't enough to lend any sort of body to this scent overall.
 
I felt so bad about melting this cute little bunny!  I didn't like the idea of chopping him in half either though, so I melted the whole tart (about 1.4 oz. or so) in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer.  There was strong scent and throw for the first hour, but then it faded down to only a light scent for a while, and was a barely there background scent after only a couple hours.
 
If you like the really bright and sweet scents, you'll probably like this.

4 comments:

  1. It's really hard melting those little bunnies...does anyone else have wax anxiety about melting cute shapes? Not monkeys, of course. :P

    CFTKR has a very sweet strawberry scent, too, and combined with DEW, I can almost taste the soda! I'll steer clear of this one.

    Hi, by the way! *HUG*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI!

      I do have slight anxieties about melting cute shapes. But hacking the poor bunnies in half doesn't seem much better. Even non-animal shapes, like a really cute cupcake or something, I'm all 'Ohhh, I don'wanna melt it!' LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Lol! @ the monkey! I have not melted my bunnies yet. I want to look at them a bit longer, plus my sniffer isn't back yet. I got strawberry dew too and I am hoping I like it. I like sweet and fizzy so I am thinking I will. Glad you didn't cut it in half :/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your sniffer finds its way home soon. Doesn't it know you can't order new wax if you can't melt what you have already??? =P

      ~Deb

      Delete