Monday, February 17, 2014

Melted - Candles From The Keeping Room / Ultimate Bear Claw

Ultimate Bear Claw - 'Our yummy bear mix claw enhanced with sweet sugar cookies, sweet bakery donuts, cakes and breads..all iced with a sweet vanilla icing.' 

I don't know why I always think Bear Claw is going to be a wonderful cinnamon roll scent.  This is not the first time it's happened.  I think I also know now that I'm not a fan of Bear Claw scents.  This one was very doughy.  There was some sweetness, like maybe the vanilla icing note, and on cold sniff it wasn't too bad, but once it was melted the doughy notes came through strongest.  I didn't hate this, but on the other hand, I did turn the warmer off after only a couple hours so I could move on to something I'd like more.

I melted this 1+ oz. bunny tart in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had strong scent and throw.  This would have been fabulous if I'd liked this particular scent.  As mentioned, I turned the warmer off after only about two hours because I just wasn't enjoying this scent.

4 comments:

  1. Bear claw... I don't think I have ever tried a bear claw scent. You are not the first person I have heard saying they don't care for bear claw. At least it was a high quality bear claw. Looking forward to seeing what you replaced it with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I switched to a Lemon Cupcake candle because I was in the living room watching DVRd reruns of Snapped for a while. That candle has been burning horribly though and has pretty much no scent, so it's being considered done and finding it's way to the garbage.

      I'm back to doing computery stuff now, which in the tart warmer area, so I've just started CFTKR's Absolutely Fabulous Cake.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, a bear claw sounds so good right now, with a piping hot cuppa joe...mmmm...*dreamland*

    Don't bear claws typically have a sort of spicy middle to them? With toasty almonds and cinnamon on top? I've always thought the same, that they are going to be this wonderful, homey cinnamon bakery scent, only to be disappointed! Sorry this wasn't one you enjoyed!

    Now, get a REAL bear claw to cover up your disappointment. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed a Bear Claw in the vending machine at work the other day and here is me thinking 'I wonder what it smells like?' L-O-L!!!

      ~Deb

      Delete