Sunday, February 16, 2014

Melted - Candles From The Keeping Room / Serendipity Birthday Cake

Serendipity Birthday Cake - 'Our fabulous Serendipity mixed with our ever so yummy Birthday Cake, a hint of marshmallow, a little ice cream.' 

I really liked this one!  I had Serendipity Birthday Cake from another vendor recently and it was mainly just the Serendipity scent but this CFTKR version had a nice healthy dose of the birthday cake part of it, and that made it so much better.  That sweet coconut-cherry scent was definitely there, but all of the cake notes softened it and made it a bit warmer and creamier, made it more tolerable.  This was just super yummy, and perfect for my mood in these late days of winter, sort of sweet and perky, sort of warm and bakery.  Yum!

I melted this 1+ oz. bunny tart in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had good strong scent and throw but not to the point of overpowering.  It did settle down closer to a medium scent after a couple hours but the throw was still amazing, and the scent continued at that level for many more hours.

I would absolutely order this scent again.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so bummed that I passed this scent along to someone else, it sounds wonderful! Just goes to show that CFTKR cold throws can be deceiving. I'll have to try to snag some of this again =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit, when I first saw this when my order arrived, I was a bit 'Oh, bleah' because I'd just recently had that other one. Even when hubby picked it to melt this morning I was like 'Bleah, oh well get it over with...' But wow, I was surprised how much I liked this version!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Noooo... not the bunny! Glad to hear the scent turned out well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gotten easier to melt the bunnies. I just don't look at them now. LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. This is such a good scent, and CFTKR does it the best. Her serendipity blends really are the best, there's such a good balance between coconut and cherry and all the other goodness that goes into serendipity! Glad you liked this one! :)

    *makes mental note that you like this one* ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhh, the fairy is gearing up?

      Good lord, how will the fairy ever be able to visit you guys if all the tarts I have are tarts I got from you guys?? LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete