Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Melted - Rosegirls / Strawberry Blonde

Strawberry Blonde - 'Best of both worlds - our Marilyn scent blended with our strawberries and cream.
 
That description doesn't tell us much, does it?  Rosegirls is quite private about their scents and blends, so the best I can do is break it down a bit more by telling you the description for Marilyn is 'A fun and flirtatious scent,' and their Strawberries & Cream is described as 'Fresh picked strawberries combined with thick whipped cream.'  Still doesn't tell us much. I will say that the Marilyn part of this is definitely the stronger, and that it's very bright and candy-sweet.  This was almost like a SweeTarts scent, very sugary.  I didn't really notice the strawberries or any type of cream note.  This could have used some warmth from that cream!  I found it way too sugar-powder sweet.

This was a big chunk that I received as part of a gift from a waxy friend.  I'd considered cutting it in half since it was probably over 1 oz. but in the end I just melted the whole thing in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer.  It was a pretty strong scent, not quite overpowering, but just too sweet for me regardless of the strength.  It did last a while though, over five hours and still had scent when I turned it off.  Why would I melt something I don't like for so long?  Because I wasn't home for a good chunk of that time, hehe.

5 comments:

  1. Lol! Well at least you didn't have to smell it for 5 hours. I enjoy this one. Marylin is the blonde moment fragrance oil. I am sad and sorry all the Valentine's wax ended up being duds for you :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, it's not that they were duds. I think I should have waited for summer to melt them, or at least spring, because maybe they'd have fit my mood better. I loved getting them regardless, and you have nothing to be sorry about. =) Thank you!

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I had to look up Blonde Moment because I wasn't familiar with that. Raspberry/cranberry champagne . . . that would explain it. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Josh LOVED this scent, he thought it smelled like bubblegum. Blonde Moment is a really great blender, it's very bright with hints of bubbly, and RG's strawberry is pretty sweet in general, so I can see why this might be too sweet. It could be good with some creaminess, you're right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bubblegum? That's funny. I'm trying to remember now just what this was like and I don't think I'd have ever thought of bubblegum.

      I think I'm just missing my warm and cozy bakery scents right now.

      ~Deb

      Delete