Monday, February 3, 2014

Melted - Sea Breeze Scents & Things / Monkey Burps

Monkey Burps - 'The other half of a popular scent. Hello tropics!' 

Not quite sure what to make of that scent description.  I know the popular scent it mentions is Monkey Farts, and that is 'bananas and juicy grapefruit, middle notes of kiwi, juicy bubblegum, and strawberries; and a hint of vanilla' according to one well known fragrance oil supplier.  I don't know if Monkey Burps is just a less offensive name but still the same scent . . . ?  Whatever it means, this was mainly a banana and bubble gum scent, with maybe a hint of the vanilla poking through.  I didn't notice much of anything else.  It's sort of a warm-sweet type scent, not a bright-sweet.  This was interesting.  I think I liked it but . . . 

This was light, as I'm finding most Sea Breeze scents to be.  I melted this whole tart (maybe a bit under 1 oz.) in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and only had light scent.  I would get a stronger whiff every once in a while, like if someone was walking by and stirring up the air, but in general it was a very light, background scent.  This might be good for smaller rooms or if you like lighter scents, but it was too light for me.

9 comments:

  1. You are right, these worked good in my bathroom. It is a super small space. Do you generally like banana scents?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have another banana scent going right now and I'm quite liking it. I don't think I'd like a lot of banana scents for long phases, but one every now and then seems nice enough.

      How about you?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I am not sure. I only had one so far, tricky banana treats from TBG but it was not for me at all. I am wondering if I would like it more tropical or candyish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Banana Caramel Cupcake is one of my favorite scents. What is all in Tricky Banana Treats?

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. "A yummy vanilla cupcake with swirls of banana, caramel, and kissed with a hint of cinnamon. Swirled on top of this gourmet delight is a sweet sugared cream cheese frosting."
      It sounds amazing and divine and tons if people love it but I think the cream cheese is what ruined it for me.

      Delete
    3. Euw, yeah I was going to say it all sounded pretty good until I saw that cream cheese. The cinnamon might not be good in there either. I don't think the versions of Banana Caramel Cupcake I've had have included cinnamon.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    4. I wonder if you'd like Go Bananas, from Sweet Fixations. That's the one I had going the other day. It has caramel or toffee or something in it. I need to get my Melted post up for it soon.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I've never made had it in wax just CP soap and the scent morphed a little. I may try one from a vendor. Sometimes you just have to warm wax to see what surprise you get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you never can tell what will happen when it's warmed. And scents DO change when they are in cold process soap. You can use the same exact oil in soap, lotion, and tarts and the soap will always smell slightly different.

      ~Deb

      Delete