Monday, February 3, 2014

Melted - Sea Breeze Scents & Things / Strawberry Cheesecake

Strawberry Cheesecake - 'Fresh strawberries and creamy cheesecake with vanilla.'
 
I finally melted this cute little guy that I've had for quite some time.  I'd been finding the Sea Breeze Scents tarts to be too light for my liking so he'd been sitting in my 'destash' basket, but now that I'm using a hot plate warmer I thought I'd give Sea Breeze another try.
This was such a nice, soft, oddly comforting scent.  In my haul post last summer I described it as strawberry milk and I think that still applied when this was melted.  I didn't really get that particular note that, to me, signifies cheesecake . . . that sort of 'sour' note.  And it wasn't creamy like a berries-n-cream type scent would be.  So milk is the next thing that comes to mind for me.  This was like a glass of sweet, slightly creamy, glass of strawberry Nesquik mixed milk.  There is a bit of vanilla in there, adding to the 'milk' part of things.

I melted this entire frog tart (forgot to weigh it, probably a smidge over 1 oz.) in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer.  Very early on the scent was almost at medium strength, but it mellowed out fairly quickly to the usual light scent I've been getting from this vendor.  It was barely noticeable, very much a light background scent, but I will say that it lasted seemingly forever.  Even though I could barely smell it, I left it on a good chunk of the day because I was busy doing things throughout the house.  When I finally turned it off last night I could still smell it on its light level.  So once again, while I'm bummed this vendor is too light for me, I think these would be great for smaller rooms or someone who likes lighter scents.

No comments:

Post a Comment