Friday, February 7, 2014

Melted - Sugar & Spice Gourmet / Coconut PA GF Mangosteen

I have not yet placed an order of my own from Sugar & Spice Gourmet Soy Candles but I've been lucky enough to try some of their wax through gifts from waxy-bloggy friends.  Apparently there is a custom blend option at the site, and 'ufgatorbugg' was kind enough to share some pieces of brittle in a few blends she made.

This third and final blend is Coconut Pineapple Grapefruit Mangosteen.  I guess those notes are pretty self explanatory, and mangosteen is considered 'sweet and citrusy' for those who don't know.  A lot of pineapple comes through right off the bat, followed closely by the coconut.  I didn't really get too much of the citrusy notes although there is a little something bright going on in there.

I melted these pieces (about 1 oz. worth) in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had a lighter medium scent.  This was probably my favorite of the three blends that were shared with me, but it was also the lightest.  Maybe that's why it worked for me?  I'm not ready for strong summer scents in the dead of winter?

Thanks for sharing, 'ufgatorbugg'!

4 comments:

  1. This is the only one I have not tried yet. I do like it best on cold sniff but afraid to be disappointed for a third strike! Lol glad I could break up your winter monotony! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice one, but was on the lighter side for me. It seemed to fade too. Mellllllllllt iiiiiiiiit . . . you know you want to. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Deb, The lighterness of this might make it more appealing if you're not ready to commit 100% to spring/summer scents!

      MELT IT, Julie! Like Deb said, dooooooooooo itttttttttt!

      Delete
    3. Yep, I should have waited on these scents. I had a couple warmer, bakery type ones after these and they were soooo cozy and snuggly at this time of year. Now today we have another bright and fruity one going (Casey picked it randomly out of the bag) and I'm just not in the mood for it.

      ~Deb

      Delete