Friday, February 7, 2014

Melted - Sugar & Spice Gourmet / Coconut Waikiki

I have not yet placed an order of my own from Sugar & Spice Gourmet Soy Candles but I've been lucky enough to try some of their wax through gifts from waxy-bloggy friends.  Apparently there is a custom blend option at the site, and 'ufgatorbugg' was kind enough to share some pieces of brittle in a few blends she made.

The second blend I melted was this Coconut Waikiki.  This is probably Creamy Coconut, which is described as being 'like fresh coconut milk,' and Waikiki Shores, which is described as 'a refreshing, exotic blend of tropical pina colada, juicy pineapple slices, sweet pear and mandarin orange with a base of anise.'  I really liked this one but found I couldn't take it for long.  It's quite sweet.  It's very tropical, very coconut-y, and sort of perfume-y in a weird way.  It's not really a juicy-fruity scent, because the coconut sort of 'dries' it out, but there are hints of the pineapple and other things.

I melted all these pieces (about 1 oz. worth) in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had medium-strong scent, but found it to be too, I don't know . . . cloying?  I ended up turning the warmer off after only a couple hours.

Thanks for sharing 'ufgatorbugg,' even though it didn't quite agree with me.

5 comments:

  1. It did not agree with me either!! If anyone reading this wants to take a shot at this combo feel free to email and I will send it gratis. Ufgatorbugg at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone out there will like it. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. It seems like some coconut scents tend to be more tropical and some tend to be more cloying, just like you said. It's like a more.....milky coconut? And that makes it more perfumey or strong in a non-tropical way? Waikiki Shores is really nice by itself from Yankee AND Sugar & Spice, if you get a chance to check it out, you might like it on its own. Sorry this didn't agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some coconut scents are more 'dry' and warm, almost like toasted coconut, and remind me of eating shredded coconut right out of the bag.

      ~Deb

      Delete