Friday, February 7, 2014

Melted - Sugar & Spice Gourmet / Pink Coconut Sun & Sand

I have not yet placed an order of my own from Sugar & Spice Gourmet Soy Candles but I've been lucky enough to try some of their wax through gifts from waxy-bloggy friends.  Apparently there is a custom blend option at the site, and 'ufgatorbugg' was kind enough to share some pieces of brittle in a few blends she made. 

This first one I melted was Pink Coconut Sun & Sand.  I'm guessing the Pink is Pink Sugar, which is uber popular and is described as '. . . playful blend of vanilla and caramel. Notes include Bergamot, Sicilian Orange, Raspberry, Fig Leaves, Lily of the Valley, Licorice, Strawberry, Red Fruit, Cotton Candy, Tonka (Vanilla), Caramel, Musk, Sandalwood, Powder.Sun & Sand is described as 'an ozony, blend of florals and citrus, combining white flowers, bergamot, orange blossoms, ylang ylang, muguet lily, and a light musk base.'  And the coconut is probably, heh, coconut. 

I would normally wait until summer to melt such scents but I'm so sick of our nonstop frigid winter weather that I thought this might be a pick-me-up mood changer.  I'm not familiar with the Sun & Sand scent from Yankee, so I can't say how much of that might coming through but I think the Pink Sugar is pretty strong.  There is an overall coconut note but it's not like it whams you in the face as a coconut scent.  There is some musk and sandalwood action on a subtle level.  I don't really get the florals or sweet juiciness of the fruits.

I melted all of these pieces (about 1 oz. worth) in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had strong scent and throw.  It lasted quite a while, over four hours for sure.

Thanks for sharing, 'ufgatorbugg'!

7 comments:

  1. You are welcome!! It was fun blending but I learned a very valuable lesson: next time blend with the smaller scent shots to see if they go well or not! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suck at blending. I'm not brave enough, or creative enough. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Wait . . . can you custom blend single scent shots there? Or are you stuck with multi-packs again?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. You can custom blend a three pack of scent shots for around $5 I think. Much cheaper than a whole bag of brittle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I'll have to keep that in mind for whenever I finally get around to ordering from there. I can practice blending on a smaller (secret) scale. LOL!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. This scent is really close to the Yankee Sun & Sand! It's sort of like a suntan lotion-y scent. When it's mixed with the pink sugar, it's even more musky and wonderful, but then that coconut note rounds it out! This was such a good blend by Julie! I hope you get to order from S&S soon, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe one of these days. If my stash ever goes down... LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete