Thursday, February 6, 2014

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Go Bananas

Go Bananas- 'Fun fragrance with ripened bananas mixed with crisp apples, creamy caramel, and toffee bits.'
 
I've had this one before so I wasn't going to review it again until I went back and read that first review (HERE) and found that my opinion has apparently changed.  This was a really nice banana scent because of the bit of warmth and creaminess from the caramel and toffee.  I didn't notice any specific apple scent.  This is very obviously a banana scent but the caramel and toffee keep it from being overwhelming or too candy-like.  In the other review, the first time I had this, I said there was one odd note that made the overall scent iffy for me.  I did not feel that way at all this time, but I did notice that the longer this melted, the more the sort of saltiness of the caramel and/or toffee came through.

This was only a small sample, about .5 oz maybe, but man did it have strength.  Kinda gets me back to wondering about melting smaller amounts of wax.  Anyway, I melted this little star shaped sample tart in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had strong scent, strong throw, and amazing longevity.  I melted it maybe six hours one day, then it sat cold in the warmer for two days because I don't melt anything on days I work.  In the evening of that second day, hubby turned the warmer on again and this still had nice medium-strong scent.  It stayed on probably four more hours that evening and still had scent when we turned it off again.

My opinion of this one has indeed changed, and I would order this again.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds promising. Funny how our tastes change. I will write this one down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever do order, try her Banana Caramel Cupcake too. Actually, she has quite a few banana scents.

      ~Deb

      Delete