Friday, March 7, 2014

Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Hair Care Products

Got a package in the mail today.  Always fun, right?!  About a month or so ago, I responded to an offer in an email to try Dove's new haircare line, the Dove Pure Care Dry Oil system.  Usually I'm too slow in responding to such offers, since all spots seem to fill up immediately.  I must have been on the ball this time because I was told I'd be receiving a package to try.

Minion had to check things over first, make sure it was ok for me to continue.

I was surprised to find full sized bottles in the package.  I'd been expecting smaller, sample/travel sizes.  I received a 12 oz. bottle of the Pure Care Dry Oil shampoo, 12 oz. bottle of the Pure Care Dry Oil conditioner, and a 3.38 oz. bottle of the Pure Care Dry Oil nourishing treatment.  These products feature African Macadamia Oil.

You might already know that I'm not fancy when it comes to hair care.  I'm usually using cheap 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, and am totally a wash and go girl.  There is not fancy styling, no fancy treatments happening here.  For the past four or five months though, I have been using Dove's Daily Moisture leave-in conditioner spray and have really noticed a difference.  This was a bottle I'd bought quite some time ago, tried it only once or twice at that time, then shoved into the cupboard and ignored it for whatever reason.  While trying to go through some products and clear out some clutter last year, I pulled it out again and gave it another try.  I've been using it ever since.

So I am looking forward to trying these products, and will definitely post reviews of them later.

Have you tried Dove hair care products?  How about this particular Dry Oil line?

**I did receive these product free to try from Dove.  All opinions are my own.**

4 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! Congrats!!! Full bottles are pretty awesome. I do enjoy dove products. Never tried their dry oil line. Looking forward to reading your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently using a Dove body wash as well. I didn't realize I was such a Dove fan. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. WOW, full size products! That's so awesome! Thanks for the suggestion of the Dove's Daily Moisture leave-in conditioner spray, that sounds like something to try. What do these smell like "on cold sniff"?(<~~~LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL "on cold sniff." =P

      There is an odd scent, almost medicinal, almost masculine. I don't know if I'd call it 'nutty' from the macadamia nut oil or what. It didn't seem that strong in the shower while using the products but I noticed it very obviously throughout the rest of the morning. Whether it was from my hair or scent on my hands from using the oil treatment, I'm not sure, but I wasn't liking it and I was feeling self-conscious about it.

      ~Deb

      Delete