Thursday, March 6, 2014

Melted - The Melting Fairy / Valentine's Day Fluff Brulee

Valentine's Day Fluff Brulee - 'A blend of Pink in Blue Sugar with smokey Creme Brulee and sweet marshmallows.'

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this one, or even what to say about it.  In my original cold sniff comments from the haul post, I noted the scent was light and I was mainly getting a trace of the Creme Brulee.  Melting this, I'm still not sure what I was smelling.  The soft Creme Brulee note was about the only distinguishable thing I got from it, and even then I kept thinking it was maybe just lingering traces from having melted that scent earlier.  As for anything else, it seemed like there was something going on but on the other hand it was just so vague that it also seemed like nothing was happening.  LOL - I really don't know how to describe it!  I'm not familiar with the Blue Sugar scent, but there was nothing strong enough for me to think 'Oh, that's the Blue Sugar.'  I *am* familiar with the Pink Sugar scent, but again there was nothing strong enough, or distinct enough, for me to recognize it as that.  If I absolutely had to try and describe this, I'd say there was a bit of the sweetness and musk from the Pink Sugar, and hints of Creme Brulee, and a nondescript mix of something sort of blending with them.  This one is just so hard to describe!

(I just looked up the description of Blue Sugar and while I did not notice any patchouli in this blend, I think there might be traces of the woody notes.)

I melted half of this chunk (around 1 oz. worth) in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and, well, I can't even say if it was strong or what because of that sort of 'What's going on in here?' feel with this scent.  At times I thought the scent was very light, that the light traces of Creme Brulee were all I was getting.  But then later I'd be more aware of a sort of subtle mystery scent everywhere.  

I really, really just don't know what to say about this one!  I'm super curious to hear what others thought!

3 comments:

  1. I melted it and it was not my jive. It wasn't nasty but not one I would melt again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just really weird for me. Like, am I smelling something or not? Weird.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I agree with both of you, this one was weird to me. It was overly milky! Not a fan, but it was pretty strong for me.

      Delete