Sunday, March 2, 2014

Melted - Rosegirls / Alice In Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland - Rosegirls Custom Blend - 'Cotton Candy chunks are over poured with our Honeydew Melon.'
Received this chunk quite some time ago as part of a swap, and have had it sitting in my Rosegirls stash box ever since.  I've finally worked my way through all the other random tarts/vendors I'd accumulated, so now I'm finally diving into my Rosegirls stuff.  Sort of 'saving the best for last,' I guess you could say.

This is a really nice, bright and happy type scent.  It's sweet, but not cavity-creating type sweet.  It was funny because I kept thinking I was picking up a sort of cereal note, and then my mind automatically went to Fruit Loops type scents.  If you look at the description though, there is nothing cereal-like in there.  LOL!  Whatever was going on, it was a really nice sweet fruity scent.

But it was light.

I cut this chunk in half and melted about .7 oz. worth in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer.  The scent was a lighter shade of medium, softly in the background, but I will say that it did carry quite well.  I could find traces of this all over the house.  While I wish it would have been stronger, I think too much stronger would have been a bit much because of the sweetness.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for reviewing this! The colors of this one are one of my favorite. Sounds like a nice melting day :-) enjoy your next few days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been doing my Melted reviews lately but with my rekindled interest in Rosegirls (wonder why?!) I thought I'd at least do the RG stuff I melt.

      Thanks!
      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. You had a light experience with this one? GAH!! Bummer! This one melted well for me with a nice throw! Did you smell any sort of watermelon in this? That's all I got while melting it. Hopefully your rekindled interest in Rosegirls won't be dampened by the light throw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, this has not dampened the interest. Now I'm trying to work through my last Melting Fairy box so that's done and out of the way, and I can get more into my Rosegirls then. Wheeee!

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Forgot.....no, I don't think I noticed any watermelon. I did eventually notice actual honeydew scent, but for the most part it was just sweet and fruity.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I'm really excited to try this one. I keep hearing about it so it's on my list to order for the next opening even though honeydew in wax freaks me out (bad experience with a honeydew from CFTKR unfortunately).
    I'm so glad RG is coming up to bat in your melting catalog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just hop over to the store and get you some, ya know. *wink wink*

      Honeydew is not a favorite of mine in home fragrance. I'm not sure why. I don't hate it or anything, but I tend to just pass it by.

      I'm glad I'm finally getting to my RG too! I have lavender scents that hubby had picked that I'm not sure what to do about. Melt them and get them out of the way, even though I'm not a huge lavender fan? Or set them aside, into his little stash, and let him eventually get to them himself. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete