Friday, March 7, 2014

Melted - Rosegirls / Americana Wafers

Americana Wafers - 'Hot apple pie, blueberry cobbler chunks, vanilla wafers.'
 
I was smitten with this one when I sniffed it in the store, but had no idea at that time what was all in it.  On cold sniff there seemed to be a bit more of the apple pie scent coming through but when warmed it's all about the blueberry cobbler.  The whole time this was melting, my mind kept thinking 'Blueberry muffins, blueberry muffins . . . '  There did seem to be a teeny bit of spice, from the apple pie part I suppose.  There is also a slight bakery note that could have either been from the pie crust or the vanilla wafers but it was sort of a vague back-note.  Yep, this was very much a blueberry cobbler type scent.
I melted half of this chunk (about .8 oz. worth) in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had nice strong scent, and good throw.  This was very noticeable but not overwhelming.  Long lasting too.  This was still going strong after about five hours, when I shut the warmer off for the night.

I did enjoy this scent but I won't be melting the other half of the chunk.  I'll be setting it aside for my sister who A) has not tried Rosegirls yet, and B) loves blueberry muffin scent so she should love this too.

10 comments:

  1. Blueberries!!! Isn't funny how Americana marshmallow smoothie has blackberry in it but other Americanas have apple and blueberry? I can't wait to melt this one. Happy it was nice and long lasting. Good night!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you melted this yet? (It has been several days since you commented . . . hehe.)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. No! Is it bad I am saving them until I use up the other wax I have that isn't as exciting??? I eat that way too... Save the best for last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad to save the good for last. That's what I do too!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. You found Rosegirls in a store? Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live very close to the Rosegirls store in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Wow, I didn't even know they had a brick & mortar store!

      Delete
    3. Yeah, opened the first weekend of December. It's about a 20 minute drive for me. I've been there twice so far, and hubby went back himself once during his Christmas shopping at that time.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. So I am totally referencing your blog to get this scent description. And it took me back. I love reading your old posts. Would you be interesting in having this scent again in your life? And hey. Lady. You never got back with me about the current situation! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually good you revisited this because I always get confused with the similar names RG has for their stuff. I think I have Americana Smoothie right now, and at the time I ordered all I remembered was 'Oooh, I love Americana Smoothie!' But really, maybe it was American Wafers I loved?! lol And now that I'm reminded there are two (or more?) Americana scents, yes, I'd like to have this again and see which one I really did like more.

      Which situation? The one I nattered your ear off about last night?

      ~Deb

      Delete