Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Melted - Rosegirls / Frosted Streuselkuchen

Frosted Streuselkuchen- 'Streuselkuchen with a Vanilla Bean Noel'

This very much reminded me of the Frosted Graham Cracker scents I've come to love.  I don't know exactly what the Streuselkuchen scent from Rosegirls is, but actual streuselkuchen is a type of crumb cake.  I don't get a cake note from this at all, but more of a strong graham cracker note, with creamy vanilla.  This also reminds me of RG's signature Monster Cookie Fluff Puffs, so I wonder if Monster Cookie is part of the Streuselkuchen.  Whatever is going on in here, I like it!

I melted this 1.4 oz. chunk in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had medium-strong scent with good throw.  It's one of those 'Is something baking?' type scents, the ones that are not an obvious 'Oh, you have a candle burning?' perfuming the air type scents.  This started fading after about four hours but still had noticeable scent when I turned the warmer off at the five hour mark. 

This definitely goes on my Rosegirls Favorites list!


6 comments:

  1. Bless you for knowing what a streuselkuchen is! It makes me nuts when YouTubers pronounce it "kucken" :D And don't get me started on people who think coffee cake scents should smell like coffee... [wanders off to shake her fist and tell the durn kids to stay off the lawn]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee cake smelling like coffee made me chuckle. And "kucken"...I haven't watched enough videos lately to enjoy that little gem. I need to find a way to make YouTube actually WORK again before I can get back to watching videos. A five minute video can easily take 20 minutes for me to watch because of the stupid non-loading buffering crap that YT does now.

      Throw some smelly wax chunks at those durn kids! Put those zucchini scents to good use! =P

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. This is one of my favorites too Deb!!! So very yummy. Glad to know it is similar to the frosted graham scents. I have never tried those but if it is anything like this, it will be good! I hope to score a pie in this one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have other Streuselkuchen blends, don't they? I'm curious about those now. Or maybe they were custom blends I've seen people mention.

      I am wanting to get some frosted graham scents now. I know Sweet Fixations has some that I liked. And I think The Bathing Garden had something along those lines, someone shared a couple cubes with me way back.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Someone in the wax groups calls it STREUSELCHOOCHOO, and it makes me laugh every single time I see it, lol! This definitely sounds like one to get my hands on, YUM. Your description is mouthwatering and mmmmmmmmmmmmmm crumb cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to become a wax vendor and have all the scent names be words that are impossible to pronounce. How fun would that be?! That could be my 'thing.'

      Seriously though, have you tried this one yet?

      ~Deb

      Delete