Monday, March 31, 2014

Melted - Rosegirls / Lemon Caramel Sauce

Lemon Caramel Sauce - [no scent description]

Would you ever think that lemon and caramel together smell like . . . banana?  Sounds bizarre, but this totally reminded me of Banana Caramel Cupcakes, which is one of my favorite scents from other vendors.  I would never guess there is lemon in this.  When it first started melting there was that nice warm and gooey, slightly salty, caramel scent.  Then a bit more sweetness starts to show up, but I never recognized it as *lemon.*  It just sort of perks up the caramel note.  Once it's melted a bit longer and all the notes mix, there is a bakery warmth about it, with soft sweetness, like a dessert.  If you're looking for lemon scents, this is not what you're thinking of.

I cut this monster chunk in half and melted about 1.1 oz. worth in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had nice medium-strong scent.  It did carry into adjacent rooms on a lighter level.  It lasted maybe 4-5 hours, but still had light scent even after that.

This was a surprise hit that I will look for if I go back to the Rosegirls store.

**I received this tart as part of a thank you gift from a waxy friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment