Saturday, March 29, 2014

Melted - Rosegirls / Soothing Lavender Dreams

Soothing Lavender Dreams - [no scent description]

I'm very confused about this one.  From what people have told me, Soothing Lavender Dreams is a blend of lavender and baked zucchini bread.  There is another one, name escapes me right now but it is a blend of lavender and Monster Cookie.  I *swear* this particular one is actually the one with Monster Cookie in it.  I did some shopping at the Rosegirls store as a favor for a waxy friend and this is one of the bags I bought for her.  She let me keep a chunk from whichever of the bags I liked, and this is one that I kept.  I can't stand zucchini bread scents so I don't think I ever would have kept one if I'd smelled that.  No, all along it smelled like Monster Cookie to me.  And when I finally melted it the other day, I had to message that friend and ask what she thought, since my chunk was from the same bag she now has.  She too thinks it's Monster Cookie in there.  So, maybe this bag is just mislabeled?

Anyway, about the actual scent . . . I'm not a huge lavender fan and this seemed like such an odd combo of scents that it was intriguing enough for me to try it.  I'd say it was about equal on the lavender and the MonsterCookie (zucchini?) notes.  At times I was smelling slightly more lavender, and other times it was the bakery notes.  I think I'd put this into a bakery category more than a herbal/floral/fresh scent.  It was interesting but I don't think it's something I'd go out of my way to buy.

I melted this entire 1.7 oz. chunk in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had medium-strong scent.  It was nice for me at this level because I'm not a huge fan of lavender.  It was quite long lasting too but I didn't pay attention to just how long I'd let it go that day.  I know it was over three hours for sure.

And I'll be forever curious whether this particular bag did indeed have Monster Cookie.  lol

2 comments:

  1. Definitely bakery and definitely long lasting. Sniffing it next to monster cookie fluff puffs, I still get monster cookie. One chunk left that will be nursed for a bit. I really love this one. If I ever do a custom blend I would add marshmallow or something creamy to it. Glad you gave more lavender a chance :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, pretty soon I won't be able to say I'm not a lavender fan. There seem to be blends popping up that I'm finding myself liking. I think I'm probably missing some good scents because I see lavender in them and automatically pass it by.

      ~Deb

      Delete