Friday, March 7, 2014

Melted - Rosegirls / Under The Big Top

Under The Big Top is a collaboration between Rosegirls and Sniff My Tarts.  It consists of Circus Concession ('Cotton candy, caramelized apples, and hints of funnel cakes.'), from SMT, and Marshmallow Smoothie ('...melted marshmallows trailing down a mountain of pure vanilla bean ice cream.'), from RG.  I don't know the history, why these two vendors worked together on this scent.  If anyone knows, feel free to let me know in the comments below.

Anyway, I cut this chunk in half and the first part that I melted seemed like all I was getting was something bakery-like, and figured it was the funnel cake.  Others told me that was weird, felt that it should have been more of a sweet scent, so I soaked and scrubbed my warmer dishes, thinking maybe residual scent was mixing with this.  The next day I melted the other half of this chunk and got a much more caramel apple-y scent.  There was a bit of extra sweetness lurking in there with it, but not enough to make this a candy-sweet type of scent.  Every once in a while I'd get a whiff of something more bakery, something that was probably the funnel cake note I was getting the first time.

Melting half of the chunk at a time (about .7 oz. worth) in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer, I had medium-strong scent each time.  There was a nice subtle scent in the air, nothing too inyerface but still easy to detect.  It lasted quite a while too.  There was still light scent when I turned the warmer off after about six hours.

This was a nice scent but because it was mainly caramel apple my mind automatically categorizes it as a fall scent.  If I happen to come across this again closer to fall, I would happily buy/melt it.

4 comments:

  1. Glad it was more to your liking the second go-round. I believe your chunk variation theory is right on. Hope you can nab some in the fall. And I am interested in the story behind the collaboration too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably skip cutting the chunks in half from now on. Well, unless they're super huge and over 2 oz.

      Do you know if Rosegirls does a lot of fall/winter scents?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. A lot of fall but I only saw maybe half a dozen Christmas ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see some pumpkin scents while I was there, figured they were leftovers or something. And there seem to be a lot of peppermint blends but they don't strike me as particularly winter/Christmas-y. I did ask Jenny if they had any Snowflake left, but they didn't.

      ~Deb

      Delete