Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Melted - Sniff My Tarts / Snow Taffy Sugar Berry Sugar Cookie Dough Bread

Snow Taffy/Sugar Berry/ Sugar Cookie Dough Bread - [no scent description]

I think this was a custom blend created by the waxy friend who gifted this chunk to me.  I found two of the three scent descriptions on the website but have no idea what the third (Snow Taffy) consists of.  The Sugar Berry part is blackberries, sugar, and vanilla.  The SCDB is sugar cookie and 'our famous bread.'  I'm always leery of bread scents because it seems most vendors use the dreaded zucchini bread as all forms of bread scents.  I really really wish I knew what was in the Snow Taffy though!

This was an interesting scent.  I did get the bakery notes, the cookie type scent, and the part that my brain was telling me was zucchini bread.  There was also a lot of 'pretty' happening in there and I don't think it was just the berries and vanilla.  I kept thinking I was getting hints of Pink Sugar.  Is there Pink Sugar in the Snow Taffy part??  I would say this was about an equal mix of 'pretty' fruit and warm bakery.  I would also say that I did indeed like this, even if there was zucchini involved.

I melted half of this chunk (1.2 oz. worth) in my 20 watt Glade hot plate warmer and had medium-strong scent and throw.  It was noticeable, but never overpowering.  It lasted quite a long time too, still had scent when I turned the warmer off after 6+ hours.

2 comments:

  1. I did a little bit of sleuthing and it looks like snow taffy is mainly vanilla taffy/creamy french vanilla, caramelized sugar, slight hints of cocoa and butter, possibly some cassis, musk, strawberry and perhaps some other light florals? Did you get any of those floraly notes?

    Sugar Cookie Dough Bread is much, much better than zucchini, and this is coming from someone who, like you, hates zucchini bread. UGH. Even thinking about it makes me skeeved out. SCDB has a much warmer cookie feel to it, almost like straight cookie dough but with hints of bread, as opposed to that Frito/cigarette butt/stale/icknast smell of zucchini bread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't notice anything I'd call floral, but there was that 'pretty' note that was probably all of that stuff you listed.

      "...Frito/cigarette butt/stale/icknast smell of zucchini bread!"
      LOL - That should become the official bloggers description for zucchini bread scents.

      ~Deb

      Delete