Saturday, April 5, 2014

Haul - Ten Digit Creations

I do get email newsletters from a few vendors but since I haven't been buying for some time now I usually don't even look at them.  The a few days ago, however, I happened to notice something in the Ten Digit Creations newsletter I'd just received, and instead of deleting I went ahead and looked it over this time.  There was one particular scent in their 'New Scents' section that had me so curious I went ahead and placed a small order.

Coconut Caramel - 'Creamy caramel topped with a layer of coconut shavings.'
This is the bugger that sucked me in.  I'm not sure what I was expecting, which I thought would be the predominant note, but for whatever reason this sort of surprised me when I got it.  On cold sniff it seems to be about 50/50 with the caramel and coconut.  Sometimes I think the sweet gooey caramel note is stronger.  Should be interesting to melt.
 
White Tea Lemonade - 'White tea leaves nestled into a fresh batch of zesty lemonade.'
This was another of the new scents that had me intrigued.  This one is . . . interesting.  On cold sniff, I get just a hint of the lemonade note.  Right now the scent is very 'pretty.'  It's not really floral-y, but more of a powdery perfume-y scent.  Maybe it will simmer down when warmed but if it stays like this, I'm not sure how I feel about it.
 
Pistachio Coconut Fluff - 'A sweet concoction of vanilla, pineapple, whipped cream, pistachios, coconut, and a dash of walnuts and nutmeg.'
I did a bit of browsing after throwing those first two scents into my cart.  When I came across this one, I decided to get it in hopes that it would be similar to the pistachio scent I've had from another vendor.  This doesn't really compare to that other one at all though.  This is strong on the nutty note, maybe too strong.  On cold sniff there isn't much sweetness at all, just a lot of sort of 'dry' nuttiness.

Buttery Cake Bites - 'Vanilla cake drenched with buttercream with hints of roasted pecans and maple sugar.'
This is the yummiest one out of my small order.  It is a deep, rich, cake scent with a healthy dose of sweet creaminess.  Mmmmmmm!
 
Coco Mango - 'Mango, strawberry, papaya, vanilla, and coconut.'
Thought I should get something summery since I've been so buried in warm bakery scents lately.  This is quite nice on cold sniff.  It's tropical without being overly coconut-y.  The strawberry comes through quite a bit.
 
Pineapple Souffle - 'Mouthwatering dessert made with pineapple, toasted coconut, wild berry, buttercream, whipped vanilla, caramelized sugar, and white cocoa.'
Another attempt to get some fruity or summery scents into my stash, this one is very strong on the pineapple right now on cold sniff.  I do get a bit of vanilla creaminess in there.  This one should be yummy!
 
Celtic Myst - 'A warm blend of precious woods, spices and resins then enchanced with a splash of mandarin, musk and cashmere vanilla.'
I was looking through the clearance section, hoping to snag some cheap yummies, but found they were all multi-packs.  Still, this one sounded interesting, even though I know I tend to shy away from wood/resin scents.  It's quite interesting, very complex like an exotic perfume or maybe even a cologne.  I was hoping the mandarin and vanilla would play a bigger role than what they do.
 
 Orange Peel - 'Sweet oranges freshly peeled.'
A freebie with my order, this is just your basic orange scent, bright and sweet and happy.  This will be fun to melt.

And that is my small Ten Digit Creations order.  One cool thing about this vendor is that the new scents are at a special price, I think only 85cents each, but you can only get one of each scent.  There are also clearance sections, so you can usually find something on sale at the site.  This is a ready to ship vendor, which I *LOVE.*  Their turnaround time is lightning fast.  I placed my order on Thursday morning, had my click-n-ship notice 12 minutes later (!!), and had my package two days after that, in Saturday morning's mail.  I don't remember offhand how the tarts from my previous order performed, like in strength and longevity, but if these perform well I think I will have to start ordering from TDC more often.  They are also well known for their bath and body products, which I'd like to try some day.

How about you?  Have you tried Ten Digit Creations?

10 comments:

  1. I have one TDC haul from about 2 years ago, I recently popped one tart into my tealight warmer and it threw SO STRONG! I am planning a second order when my stash goes down. I am very intrigued by White Tea & Lemonade, it sounds really nice! Hope you love melting your order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool about it still being strong after two years. I chuckle when I see people fretting about the life of tarts only being a handful of months. I've had many tarts from different vendors that are still fine after a year or more.

      I just popped the Coconut Caramel one into my warmer, so we'll see how it turns out. Mainly getting the caramel note in this first moments of meltage.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Me too! I think we have just been very well-conditioned by expiry and best by dates.

      Delete
    3. Sometimes people just don't use common sense though. I've heard people talk about curing for MONTHS, yet the same people insist wax needs to be used within a month or two. Uhhhh, think about it, people......

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. 12 minute TAT for CNS is pretty stellar. Celtic mist sounds perfect for me. I hope they melt good! I ordered from them a while back and got a ginger ale scent but then realized that kind of smell really isn't for me. I need to go back and buy something I know I like. Like... Celtic mist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know you might like Celtic Myst....because remember that Easter Bunny conversation....? =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. These descriptions sound so great. I know you don't like those foil wrappers BUT I love TDC because they're double lined and it's kind of gratifying to unwrap...right?!?! I was really happy with my first TDC order and those prices are unbeatable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - No, I still find the foil wrappers to be a pain in the butt.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. I've had good luck with most of the TDC tarts I've melted. I was in a big "fresh & clean" phase when I ordered, though so I'm still working through a huge pile of those. Very curious about White Tea Lemonade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to melt the White Tea Lemonade one today. I fear it might be too perfume-y for me, but I'll let you all know. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete