Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Melted - Rosegirls / Wonders of the World

Wonders of the World - Rosegirls Custom Blend - 'Our Butterscotch Supreme is a unique blend of Monster Cookie, Butterscotch and Ooey Gooey Sticky Caramel.'

I've come across a Rosegirls scent that I don't like.  But I'm also still a bit confused about this particular bag.  If you remember my Christmas post, I'd said that when hubby went shopping and had asked for the Wonder of the World scent, they'd told him they didn't have any in chunk form but they had the components of it in brittle form.  I don't know if some of the pieces were one part of the scent, other pieces were other parts of the scent?  Did pieces of these need to be mixed?  Some of the bars did look slightly different than others, and some even looked like they might have been layered.  Since I wasn't sure what was going on, I just melted one bar at a time.  Maybe this was the problem?

Then again, I don't think the bars smelled very different from one to the next when I melted them, so who knows.

My problem with this scent was that there was a a bitterness.  Maybe it was supposed to be a salty note from the caramel?  It overpowered the otherwise yummy, gooey, goodness of the other notes in this blend.  

I'd actually like to try an actual chunk of this scent, give it another chance, so I know for sure.  Anyone out there have any?

2 comments:

  1. I have one sample chunk I will send you (I have tea scents I have been putting away for you.) probably looking at May 1st sending it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be awesome. Thanks! I will send you the extra Celtic Myst. Did you melt that caramel-marshmallow one from RG yet? I can send you more if you liked it.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete