Sunday, April 6, 2014

Melted - Ten Digit Creations / Coconut Caramel

Coconut Caramel - 'Creamy caramel topped with a layer of coconut shavings.'

When I saw this in the 'New Scents' section of the most recent Ten Digit Creation newsletter, I had to try it.  I wasn't sure what to expect, if it would be more coconut-y or caramel-y.  I can now tell you it's more of a caramel scent.  Sometimes I thought I was getting a bit of a 'toasted' coconut note, but in general the coconut isn't really distinct.  It added sweetness, for sure, but other than that I don't think I'd recognize it as coconut if I didn't know it was in there.  This is a sweet, creamy caramel scent.

I melted this 1 oz. tart in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had light-medium strength.  Every once in a while I'd get a nice strong whiff, but overall it was on the light side.  That was a bummer.  It only seemed to last a couple hours too.  I think by three hours in I was struggling to find any scent.  Oh well, it was great when I could smell it.

4 comments:

  1. Pooh. Sounds yummy though. There is a toasted coconut-caramel dessert I love making. Hope your weekend was nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your dessert tastes like this one smells it must be dang yummy.

      Weekend was nice. Got off work early yesterday and had today off. We played Munchking (weekend tradition now) and tonight is the Game of Thrones season premiere. Woot!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Oooo!! What season is it on now? Do you know if they are still following the books closely? I keep waiting on the next book to come out... He is a super slow but good writer. Enjoy the show! Glad you had a nice weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start of the fourth season now. I've only read the first book so I don't know how close the show compares to the other books. I've heard after the first book/season they start to differ.

      ~Deb

      Delete