Friday, May 23, 2014

Melted - Glitterati Candle Co. / Island Tea

Island Tea - [no scent description]

In my two other Glitterati melting experiences, one was a big dud and one was quite impressive.  What would this third one be like?  I'm happy to report it was also impressive, even though this particular scent wasn't a favorite.  I'd like to know what the scent description of this one is because I just couldn't place what I was smelling.  There was a tea-like note to it but it had a stronger note of something that almost reminded me of bug spray.  Sounds gross but it wasn't *that* bad.  That's just what it reminded me of.

I melted this sample tart (less than 1 oz.) in my tea light warmer and was pleased to find nice strong scent and throw that lasted the full length of a tea light burn (4 hrs.).

I would not pick this scent again, but things continue to look up as I test these Glitterati waters.

(This tart was part of a gift from a waxy friend.)

6 comments:

  1. Well, sometimes on islands you have to use bug spray while enjoying your tea, so maybe your nose is correct :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You are brilliant, Kate! Nice cup of citronella tea, anyone?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Good to know this one was a little better as far as throw goes! Island scents sometimes have a weird, sharply sour note to them...could that be the bug sprayness?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't really sour, just somewhat odd yet familiar.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Your tea light is dusted off and in service!
    ..with good results too! Bummer about the bug spray tea though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've missed my dear old tea light warmers. The Glade warmer is convenient, no doubt, but I'm still sentimentally attached to my plain old work horses. And they're helping me get through my stash faster because I switch scents when the tea light burns out, instead of letting one scent go all day in the hot plate warmer. Yeah, I realize I'm not getting the most bang for my buck this way but . . . whatever.

      ~Deb

      Delete