Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Melted - Glitterati Candle Co. / Satsuma Serendipity

Satsuma Serendipity - [no scent description]

This is the first actual chunk of Glitterati wax that I've ever tried.  I've had a few smaller sample tarts, but I was excited to finally be able to melt a real chunk.  And what a perky scent to start with!  This was very bright and happy, with a ton of zesty orange happening.  There was some some other sweetness happening in the background but I don't think I'd ever have recognized it as Serendipity if I hadn't known it was in there.  This was a great mood lifter on a rather boring, dreary day.

I melted half of this huge chunk (about 1.3 oz. worth) in my tea light warmer and had a steady medium-strong scent the entire length of a four hour tea light burn.  The scent was easily noticeable throughout the house but was never overpowering, which was good because something this sweet and zesty could easily become too much to take.

On a side note . . . 
One thing I've found I don't like about Glitterati wax is that it is SO soft.  It's super easy to cut these chunks, like a knife through soft butter, but in touching them at all you have oily, waxy residue on your hands.  The insides of the baggies they come in are absolutely smeared.  And I fear these will indeed during shipment in hot summer months.

(This tart was one of six that I won in a blog giveaway.)

No comments:

Post a Comment