Sunday, May 11, 2014

Melted - Lasting Scent Candles / Toffee Bark

Toffee Bark - [no scent description]

I *loved* this scent!  I do tend to gravitate towards this type of warm, sweet, foodie scent anyway, so that's not real surprise.  I wish there was a scent description so I'd have an easier time describing this.  It was deep and rich, with caramel-y or almost maple-y notes.  There is a buttery note lurking in there and I know some people don't like the saltiness of such notes, but it's not strong.  This reminded me of that Butterscotch Maple something-or-other scent from Better Homes & Gardens, which is one of my all-time favorites.

I melted this 1+ oz. tart in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had strong scent that lasted over four hours before starting to fade slightly.

(This tart was part of a gift from a waxy friend.)

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm! This one sounds cozy! I love toffee. I will keep an eye out for the BHG version. I haven't had any luck ordering from LSC since they quit announcing the openings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any of that BH&G one on hand to check just how similar they are, but now that I see I'm out of it I will be sure to grab more next time I'm shopping. Maybe an extra one will find its way into my cart......

      ~Deb

      Delete