Friday, May 2, 2014

Melted - The Melting Fairy / Lemon Pound Cake

Lemon Pound Cake (NEW) - 'Moist rich pound cake blended with fresh lemon, topped with a sweet powdered sugar glaze.'

On cold sniff this is a really yummy scent, strong on the cake note, with a soft lemon note swirling throughout.  Pound cake is not as sweet and cake-y as, say, a Birthday Cake scent, but it still has a distinctive cake note to it.  The warm scent, however . . . well, this one failed for me.  

When I melted the first tart in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer, there was an initial burst of strong bakery-lemon wonderfulness.  I was excited and near drooling, but then the scent just fizzled away.  I did have to leave the house to do some errands early in this melt but it seems to me the scent had already faded quite a bit by that time, about an hour into it.  When I came home several hours later, the warmer was still on but I did not detect any scent anywhere in the house, not even residual traces.

I had a second tart in this scent and decided to try it in my tea light warmer.  I got pretty much nothing from this one.  Every once in a while I thought I was catching a hint of creamy lemon, but it was so faint and fleeting that I'm not even sure.

Huge, huge bummer.

2 comments: