Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Melted - The Melting Fairy / Mango Sage Tea

Mango Sage Tea (NEW) - 'Sage leaves are blended with mango, strawberry, papaya, and white tea leaves to create this refreshing scent.'
Another tea scent from The Melting Fairy that I love!  I don't know what sage smells like, and sometimes I'm iffy on mango scents, but none of that mattered with this one.  The tea notes are definitely there, first and foremost.  There is sweetness but I never recognized it as any particular fruit.  And the sage must have been giving it an almost spicy note.  I don't mean spice like inyerface sharp, autumn, cinnamon spice.  It was more like just a tiny bit of 'bite.'  I have no idea if sage does that, but that's what my brain attributed it to.  Overall, this was like an awesome sweet tea scent.
I melted this .7 oz. tart in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had insanely strong scent for about the first hour before it settled down into more of a medium-strong scent.  I think it was starting to fade more around the five hour mark.  It still had scent then, but I turned the warmer off for the night.
I don't know where she gets her tea scents from but The Melting Fairy does tea right!

6 comments:

  1. Strange combo, but sounds really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very interesting, for sure. If we could buy tarts separate from the monthly box I'd stock up on her tea scents.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Great review! I just received my first Melting Fairy box today. My scent selections were in 2 ounce scent shot cups. I like everything so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I finally got my May box today. Seeing the tarts in scent shot cups was definitely different.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I agree with Kate, it sounds strange, but also sort of awesome. I love the way sage smells, I highly recommend Citrus & Sage from Yankee Candle, even if it's just in votive form...one of my fav candles from them. Glad you had good luck with this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister said sage has a sweet smell, so I guess that wasn't what was giving the sort of 'spice' note. lol

      I'll have to look for Citrus & Sage if we ever go back to the Yankee Outlet near us. (Same town as Rosegirls, so why would we go to Yankee? LOL)

      ~Deb

      Delete