Saturday, May 24, 2014

Melted - Two Timing Tart / Lemon Juniper

Lemon Juniper - [no scent description]

When I first saw what this scent was, I was like "Juniper?  What the heck does juniper smell like?"  I'm not familiar with any other juniper tarts.  But I quite liked this!  Granted, I do love most lemon scents anyway, but I think it was that mysterious juniper that sucked me into this.  I ended up Googling 'What does juniper smell like?' and found out it is supposedly 'reminiscent of pine.'  Smelling this again with that newfound information, yeah, I can see how it might be pine-y.  The lemon in here wasn't distinct, I don't think I'd have ever guessed it was there if I hadn't know.  And the 'reminiscent of pine' is in no way like a Christmas scent.  Together, this made a sort of sweet, sort of herbal scent . . . sort of a sweet pine, without being pine.  lol

I melted this small tart (probably less than 1 oz.) in my tea light warmer and had medium-strong scent.  I might even consider this a strong scent, but it's sort of mellow and lurking quietly in the air, not boldly announcing that you have a tart melting.  And it kept its strength the entire duration of the tea light burn (4 hrs).

(This tart was part of a gift from a waxy friend.)

2 comments:

  1. I liked this one. I like this TTT blend. She does some interesting blends that I normally wouldn't think of. Maybe this was a prep for your next herbal/lemon blend :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I want that other lemon/herbal blend. I think the character in that book should have smelled like lemon/juniper instead. hehe

      ~Deb

      Delete