Monday, May 12, 2014

Melted - Vintage Chic Scents / War of the Worlds

War of the Worlds - 'The world will never be the same after this epic clash of the three most popular scents - Serendipity, Fruit Loops and marshmallow. Created by Tiffany of Tiffany Candles.
 
Reading the scent description of this before ever melting it, I was afraid this might be too sickeningly sweet for me.  Serendipity and Fruit Loops can each cause cavities on their, they're so sweet, so what on earth would they be like together?  This really wasn't bad though.  That marshmallow must really be working overtime to tone it down.  It is still very sweet and candy-like, about equal on the Serendipity and the Fruit Loops, neither being the dominant note, but the subtle creaminess of the marshmallow slows it all down just enough to keep this tolerable.

I melted this 1.5 oz. tart in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had good strong scent early on but it did seem to fade down to a light-medium scent only a couple hours in.  Still a very nice tart though.

(This tart was part of a gift from a waxy friend.)

2 comments:

  1. This was one I wanted to try! Glad it was good. I enjoyed that movie. Even the new one too. Hope you had a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the new one but I do remember loving the original movie. It was one of the few we had recorded when we first got our VCR waaaaaay back when, and we watched it many times.

      ~Deb

      Delete