Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Melted - The Bathing Garden / Bubbling Butter Brew

Bubbling Butter Brew - '. . . interpretation of Harry Potter's Butter Beer. Sweet clotted cream, salted caramel, rich butterscotch, and a touch of bubbling cream soda.'

As mentioned in my previous post, I don't seem to have much luck when it comes to The Bathing Garden.  In an attempt to clear out things from my stash cupboard, I've finally come to the handful of Bathing Garden leftovers that keep getting shoved aside.  I'm giving them a last shot before deciding whether or not to pass them on to someone who will appreciate them.

I'm a Harry Potter fan, and a butterscotch fan, so of course I had to get this one when I saw it some time ago.  Ohhhh, it is such a delicious scent on cold sniff!  Deep, rich, creamy butterscotch scent.  Love it!!!  I don't notice any type of fizz from the soda.  There is a very slight salty note from the caramel.  Mostly though, it is just delicious butterscotch.

I melted two cubes of this in my tea light warmer and was ecstatic when there was an initial burst of strong scent.  That quickly faded though, and I was left with the usual light scent.  The cat jumped off the desk at one point and I caught another strong whiff in that stirred up air but otherwise there wasn't much happening.  Bummed, but not really surprised, this is how my experiences with The Bathing Garden usually seem to turn out.  I do think that in a smaller, enclosed room these tarts would perform fine.

4 comments:

  1. 'Arry Pottah! I really enjoyed this scent in her sugar scrub.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did love it, when I could smell it. =)

      I've been having an urge to watch the Harry Potter movies again but keep forgetting I'm letting my mom borrow them. She's been bored and looking for things to watch so I thought I'd get her hooked on Harry. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I haven't melted any of her newer stuff but luckily I've had great luck overall. When I do get a non performer, I'm usually quite surprised.
    There's quite a bit of buzz right now about how light TBG's newer stuff is.
    If I get a knock out scent that blows me away in a scent I think you'll like, I'll send you a couple of cubes to test.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, thanks. So many of her blends sound so intriguing to me but I doubt I'll order again. Although, if/when my older son moves out, I'm laying claim to his room as my 'office,' and it's kind of exciting because it's a much smaller room so I'm hoping ALL tarts will perform like magic in there. Wheee!

      ~Deb

      Delete