Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Melted - The Bathing Garden / Lady of Winter

Lady of Winter - 'Candy cane over Sugar Plum Fairy.'
 
I never seem to have much luck with wax from The Bathing Garden.  It's frustrating because I see so many people so in love with this vendor and I want to be one of those people.  But no.  The handful of clamshells I have left just keep getting pushed to the back of my stash cupboard.  Now though, as I am determined to melt through everything I have before making a few changes in my wax buying, I have come to these long ignored Bathing Garden tarts and have decided to give them one last try.
 
And once again, I'm not having much luck.
 
This particular scent, Lady of Winter, is very nice on cold sniff.  The scent description is not very descriptive, with the Sugar Plum Fairy part of it being described as 'Walking through a candy cane forest in winter.'  I'm guessing that means more mint, but I don't know if that also means pine?  This is a minty scent but surprisingly it is not inyerface minty strong.  It is a softer, sweet mint.  Very pretty.  There is indeed something else going on in there but I can't pinpoint just what it is.  If there is indeed pine in this, it is in no way like a Christmas tree scent.  If there is pine or some sort of tree, it is very quietly nestled under a blanket of soft mint.  There might be something candy-like in this too.

I melted two cubes of this in my tea light warmer and was bummed to find only light scent.  What I could smell was beautiful, but I just couldn't smell much.  I wonder how it would perform in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer?  I'm going to offer what's left to my sister and if she doesn't want it, I will try my Glade warmer just to see how it goes.

6 comments:

  1. Bummer! TBG cubes usually do pretty well for me, but I'm in a small space. My issue with them is it I usually like the scents on cold sniff more than when they're burning, and I get tired of them quickly. They're just so pretty, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've noticed that too, that I love the cold sniff smell but am disappointed by the warmed smell. Well, that disappointment could also be related to the general bad luck I seem to have with TBG tarts. =(

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous picture and colors. That wax cameo is a nice touch. This scent was light for me too but it is a beautiful scent. I love all the mints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear this is a light scent in general. Well I'm not glad it's light, but I'm glad to know it's not just me having bad luck again.

      I did like this scent though.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Her wax has sort of gone downhill as of late. Sorry this was a disappointment, do try some in the Glade warmer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I've never had much luck before and it's gone downhill since I've ordered, I'm not sad that I got rid of what I had left. I offered what I had to my sister and one coworker, and what they didn't take I tossed. Sounds harsh, but it really was just sitting there, getting pushed aside and gathering dust. None of you guys wanted it back when I offered, so I just cleared it out once and for all. =(

      ~Deb

      Delete