Sunday, June 22, 2014

Melted - Rosegirls / Devil Woman

Devil Woman - 'Sweet lavender, cherry, almond, and vanilla ice cream.'

I didn't care much for this one.  Lavender scents are iffy for me, and this reminded me very much of dryer sheets.  I only got the occasional hint of the rich and creamy vanilla ice cream, and in those moments I could detect the cherry-almond notes and this would border on being an okay scent for me.  Most of the time though, the lavender was strongest and screamed 'Dryer sheets!' to me.  Not that the smell of dryer sheets is bad, but it's just not my preferred type of scent in home fragrance. 

I melted half of this little pie (1.8 oz. worth) in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had medium-strong scent.  I didn't hate this scent, but it's not something I would choose in the future.  I will set the other half of this small pie aside until I can find a new home for it.


This wax was a gift from a waxy friend.

7 comments:

  1. Maybe yours had more lavender chunks in it? I had one before and it had quite a bit of cherry almond. I haven't used this new one yet though. Not that extra lavender will be a bad thing for me ;-D Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I cut this, I tried to do it as evenly (purple vs. red) as I could. I think there was more cherry almond coming through that I originally realized, but I think it was just enhancing the lavender more.

      Would like the other half of this?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Bummer, this one sounds like a good blend! At least it had a medium-strong throw! I gave you ladies the 3 pies and kept the chunk from my sampler, so I will have to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like it, the other half of this pie is still up for grabs. Julie hasn't claimed it yet.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. No no, I still have my chunk to melt! But thanks! :)

      Delete
    3. Alrighty, into hubby's stash it goes. =P

      ~Deb

      Delete