Monday, June 23, 2014

Melted - Rosegirls / The Frosty Palace

The Frosty Palace - 'Blue raspberry icee, and cherry almond.'

My waxy friends and I had a conversation about how misleading the name of this one is.  My first thought with something called The Frosty Palace is that this would be a minty scent.  Even the colors seem to imply cool and minty.  But no, this is named after the hangout place in Grease, and it is a fruity type scent.
*cocks an eyebrow and shrugs*

The scent itself is nice enough.  I mainly got the cherry almond, with maybe a more sweetness from the blue raspberry.  I did get a slight cough syrup-y note, which I know some people are sensitive to.  This was a light scent though.

I melted this entire chunk (maybe 1.7 oz.) in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and only had light-medium scent.  Most of that scent was fairly early on, then it faded to more of a light scent.  I really do wonder if a smaller chunk in a tea light warmer would have worked better.  Ah well, it was a nice enough scent for one time but I don't know if I'd want this again.  Cherry almond can get a little headache-y sometimes.

8 comments:

  1. Brrrrrr!!! Frosty Palace! It would be a great mint scent name for sure!! I guess they can't all be winners. This type of scent wouldn't be up my alley either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A scent that Julie does not like?!

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I know!! But I do have *some* scents I don't like. >cough Badger cough<

      Delete
    3. Oh yeah! How could I forget about dear ol' Badger?!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Wrote you a note several weeks ago . . ever get it??

    Live in Colorado, but still a Badger and cheesehead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh, no, I never got anything. Was it through the 'Contact Me' thingie on my sidebar?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. This scent would be better as a minty blend, for sure. ;)

    Glad you liked this, but I agree, it's not "must have" enough to get again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to try it though. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete