Friday, June 13, 2014

Melted - Rosegirls / Peppermint-WS-MS

Peppermint
Watermelon Slush - 'Watermelon.'
Marshmallow Smoothie - 'Melted marshmallow trailing down pure vanilla bean ice cream.'

Another of our Muffin Club creations from the January Rosegirls opening, this was one of my blends but it wasn't really 'my' blend because I'm pretty sure I just copied something someone had already mentioned online.  Oh well.  This was probably my favorite, and a surprise favorite at that, when I first received the box and gave everything a first sniff.  And it's still a contender for favorite now that I've melted it.

On cold sniff you mainly get a creamy peppermint scent, but if you're paying attention you do notice the hint of watermelon lurking in there.  While melting, the peppermint is still the note you get first but be patient!  After it all melts and has a chance to warm up, that watermelon comes charging through like a wax addict on Rosegirls opening day!  Once things settle down, the watermelon is almost the dominant note, but there is still a slight zip from the peppermint and a nice sweet creaminess from the marshmallow.  The mint and marshmallow keep the watermelon from being a juicy super summery scent.  As a seasonal melter, I would be happy melting this any time of year.

I melted half of this muffin (about 1.3 oz.) in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had nice medium-strong scent.  There were times when I thought it wasn't strong enough, but then while doing something upstairs I'd realize I was smelling it all the way up there and I was content.

I think this is actually one of the regularly available Rosegirls scents, which is probably where I got the idea from without realizing it.  This one has now become a must-have.  If you come across it, try it!!!

6 comments:

  1. Great review! I loved this one too. So glad you picked this as one of your blends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm saving the other half. Maybe I'll be able to find this in the store next time you send me there. ;-)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Wow, would never think to blend watermelon and peppermint together. Sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sounds crazy but it works!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to melt this one, you have all liked it quite well! Also, it's cool to see it as a blend in bags from RG now! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get on it, girlie! I'll need to know if I need to buy four bags when I get to the store. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete