Friday, July 11, 2014

Haul - Beezy Tarts

Although I've had Beezy tarts to try through the generosity of my waxy friends, this is my very first actual order from this vendor.  I placed just a small order, sort of just to be able to say I've ordered from Beezy.  I also didn't want to get too much because I knew I'd be placing big fall/winter scent orders in the coming weeks.  But even with this small haul, it's fun to actually order for myself again . . . finally.


So let's see what I got!

Banana Walnut Cake - [no scent description]
I knew I should have saved the scent descriptions back when I ordered, because the site is closed now and I can't get to them.  *grrrrr*  Well, this one smells like banana nut bread right now on cold sniff.  There is a slight cake note in there.  Cold scent is deep and strong and rich.

Orange Caramel Cake - [no scent description]
Ooh, this is good.  There is a strong cake note, and a fairly strong orange note but the caramel tones the citrus part of it down so there is no zing.  It's a warm scent with a touch of brightness from that orange.  Nice and strong on cold sniff.

Watermelon Cake - [no scent description]
I must have been on a cake kick, huh?  I don't get a distinct watermelon note at this point.  There is a nice cake note with some juicy, sugary sweetness in it but not quite identifiable as watermelon.  Should be interesting.

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles - [no scent description]
This is a Bath & Body Works dupe that seems to be all the rage right now.  I'm not ever sure if I really like it, but felt the need to grab it while it was there.  LOL!  The official B&BW description is 'Indulge in delicious, warm pumpkin pecan waffles drenched in pure maple syrup and sprinkled with brown sugar.'  It's a sweeter, perkier type of pumpkin scent.  I do get the waffle note in there but I don't get any specific maple note.  This will get tucked away into my fall scents stash, and will be fun to melt sooner that we realize.  Yay!

Sugared Spruce - [no scent description]
I took a chance with this one.  I remember deciding last year that among the evergreen scents, it was spruce that I liked the least.  I thought maybe the other notes in this would make it ok, but of course I don't remember what those notes were now.  And I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I'm immediately getting an inyerface spruce note that makes me automatically curl my nose.  There is something 'moist' about the scent too though, like maybe one of those other notes might have orange?  I don't know, I might pass this on to someone else.

Strawberry White Cake - [no scent description]
I received a freebie tart, which is always greatly appreciated, especially when the order was as small as mine was.  And for it to be a cake scent made me chuckle because of all the other cake scents I'd gotten.  Actually, I think this was in my cart at one point and then I dumped it just to bring my cost down.  So I'm extra glad to have this cute little freebie donut!  I get a very sweet, almost powdery-candy strawberry note on cold sniff, with just the tiniest hint of cake deep down.  I don't know if I like this one, at least not right now.  I'll let it sit for a the recommended five days and then come back to it.

It was also really cute to get a little treat bag full of different candies.  I've had other vendors include a couple pieces of candy here and there but this was quite a little candy haul!  I've passed it all on to my sons, who like these chewy things like Laffy Taffy and Air Heads.

I placed my order during the restock on July 2 and received my package on July 11.  That is the kind of TAT I like, and that kind of TAT all vendors should strive for.  The candy was in a small treat bag and the tarts were in decorative cello bag, and it all came in a padded priority envelope.  Everything arrived safe and sound, in great condition.  I'm absolutely satisfied with my first Beezy ordering experience.  I don't like that he is an open/close vendor but his quick TAT helps make up for that.  Yep, I would probably order from here again.

17 comments:

  1. Deb, you should try Can-Do candles, and Random Wax of Kindness for great TAT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget about Can-Do. Are they open all the time? Or do I need to join a Facebook group and jump through hoops to try and order?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Beezy <3

    I am glad you placed and order, even if it was a small one! His stuff is really great, he has nice TAT, but it sucks he's only opened now and then. Oh well, I'd take quicker TAT over most things! Lovely haul, hope you like everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll start melting these soon. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Nice order!! Mine is waiting on me at home <3 I hope you enjoy them all when melted. My girls will love the candy too. Short TATS!!! Yea yuh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your post about it, and saw that you got the Strawberry White Cake too. =) I might have to melt that one first.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. I LOVE Beezy-Tarts!!! I wish I had gotten some Orange Caramel Cake. Not sure how I overlooked that one ;) Glad you were able to place an order, Deb. I'll look forward to your melted reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reviews should start popping up soon. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  5. Can't imagine why I love this post so much.
    But you got more candy than I got :p
    I'm excited for your melted review of banana walnut cake --that one intrigues me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, well maybe I'll have to melt THAT one first instead. It is quite yummy.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  6. Can-Do is always open, as is Random Wax of Kindness. RWOK does some great bakery items; tried Absolutely Fabulous Cake yet? If you give me your address, I'll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh, email me ...... dke@centurytel.net

      ~Deb

      Delete
  7. My trick for finding scent descriptions is going straight to Google and let those programming geniuses find it. I tried banana walnut cake and it found the page, when using the search box in the shop returned nothing. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tried it, did not find what I was looking for.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Beezy banana walnut cake worked, but you're right, some don't.

      Delete
  8. fragranceoilfinder.com seems to be the bible on scent . . . I can spend hours there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That site is handy for scents in general but when it comes to doing vendor posts I want the actual vendor's description from his/her site. Some fragrance oil suppliers might have slightly different versions of the same scent, so I want the description of what that particular vendor is using.

      ~Deb

      Delete