Sunday, July 20, 2014

Melted - Beezy Tarts / Banana Walnut Cake

Banana Walnut Cake - 'A true banana walnut cake. You can almost taste the brown sugar, fresh bananas, and freshly crushed walnuts.'


Another yum-tastic scent from Beezy.  At first I just kept thinking this was a really nice banana nut bread scent but when I would stop and focus a bit more, the cake note was indeed there.  This was a warm, comforting bakery scent.  The banana was there right away but it was not candy-like, and was not a summery fruity type scent.  The warm sweetness of the brown sugar mixed with the cake note, and the touch of nuttiness made this such a nice homey scent.  There even seemed to be just the teeniest hint of spice every once in a while.

I melted half of this scent shot in my tea light warmer and had nice strong scent.

10 comments:

  1. Seems like bread is a misnomer. Banana nut bread is actually cake right? Funny, FOF says not to confuse it with the bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright, I'm going to revise this post. LOL - dang scents!

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I just want to know what the difference is, lol. I think saying cake must be more appealing to dessert people.

      Delete
  2. What a relief to read this review. Banana in wax most often smells like candy runts to me but it sounds like this is a great rendition of banana nut bread --which I love!
    I'm glad you didn't detect banana zucchini bread --I was worried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleah! Nope, no hints of zucchini in this. The cake note is in there when you stop and let yourself realize it.

      You haven't had this one yet? Your boyfriend has been holding out on you??

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I might have this. I have too many of my boyfriend's things to keep up and I'm behind on my spreadsheet. Your review is good enough to get me to order it again, even if it's stashed way far down in all his goodies.
      Add me to the list of hoping he restocks this next opening!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like RG Donkey Kong Destruction. These kinds of 'naners I can get down with. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look for it next time he's open! Tis yummy indeed!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. Wow, Banana Walnut Cake in wax form! So glad this turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it. Now watch, next time he's open this will be the one everyone flies to. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete