Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Melted - BH&G / Brownie Pecan Pie

Brownie Pecan Pie - [no scent description]

Loved this on cold sniff, so rich and gooey and sweet, but once warmed I didn't care for it nearly as much.  I think maybe more of the chocolate scent came out, and I'm iffy on chocolate scents in home fragrance.  There is a deep, rich sweetness and the nutty note does come through.  It's very much a dessert-y scent. 
 
I melted two cubes of this in my tea light warmer and had strong scent.  Maybe it was a bit too rich to be so strong and that's why I didn't like it as much.  This is nice in small doses.  You have been warned.  lol

6 comments:

  1. I love seeing all these BH&G reviews!
    I'm definitely with you on this one --didn't appreciate the chocolate-ness of it.
    How many more BHG clams do you have ---I can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was actually my last one, except for the few that have been tucked away in my fall/winter stash. I have my Beezy's, and a small handful of odds n ends, and then I'm OUT of wax. Crazy weird to be crazy happy about being out of wax, but that's how I feel. It's like a cleansing. LOL

      And just in time for my fall scents to start showing up. C'mon Kim's!!!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Last non fall BHG clam?! How exciting!! Wax addict must know... What Are you going to Do if you run out before Kim's?! This scent would be a pass for me. No chocolate please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I run out before, I have a few options bouncing around in my head. I will just buy a couple more BH&G ones. Or I will start dipping into the fall scents I already have here (leftovers from last year). Or I'll zip on over to the Rosegirls store. Heheeee!

      I'm also really considering a Can Do Candles order since Leigh mentioned them. I've looked at the site several times now.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. It seems like chocolate scents change completely when they are melting, many vendors included. The idea of having the house smell like chocolate brownies or chocolate pies is so lovely, but then when it melts, it always changes and smells weird or fake or strange or overly artificial. That stinks you didn't like it nearly as much on warm sniff, but at least the throw was good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this was such a surprising bummer because it smelled so dang good on cold sniff.

      ~Deb

      Delete